Growing trees, shrubs and landscape plantings
Planting and caring for trees, shrubs and landscape plantings will make your yard attractive. Try these resources:
- New: Drought-tolerant plants save water, money and time
- Smart trees and shrubs for Michigan landscapes
- Problems. Also see the “Plant Problems” section of this web site.
- View MSU Extension publications on trees and landscaping.
- Tree Owner’s Manual produced by U.S. Forest Service in 2009
- The Garden Professors blog from Washington State University Extension.
- View statewide table for frost free dates.
Web sites that help with identifying pest problems with detailed photos and descriptions:
How to encourage beneficial insects by planting easy to grow native plants.