Advice for plant problem solving
Here are resources to help you diagnosing problems with your plants.
- Help identifying plants.
- Help identifying the source of the problem: MSU Diagnostic Services or your county Extension office.
- A diagnostic guide for problem solving from MSU.
- around the home.
- in the landscape.
- Current growing season advice on the MSU Extension Landscape page.
Diagnostic fact sheets from MSU Diagnostic Services:
Don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files? Download it here.
- Apple scab
- Broad mites
- Cytospora canker(for trees)
- Daylily rust
- Early blight (tomato)
- Emerald ash borer
- Fertilizing trees and shrubs
- Gladiolus rust
- Hoary alyssum
- Maple tarspot
- Pine wilt disease (nematodes)
- Septoria leaf spot (tomatoes)
- Sphaeropsis blight (pines)
- Tree and shrub planting guidelines
From other universities
- Interactive Plant Manager is an online diagnostic database for woody ornamentals from Cornell University’s IPM Program.