Add color to your garden or yard by planting flowers. Need some help getting started?
- General requirements and care.
- What kind of flowers to grow:
- How to use color in the landscape.
- Advice for healthy soils.
- Impatiens downy mildew and alternatives for home landscapes
- View statewide table for frost free dates.
- New: Drought-tolerant plants save water, money and time
- New: Water-smart landscapes by design
- Going native can be a smart choice for Michigan landscapes
- Smart lakefront plants
- Poinsettia care: Poinsettias as part of a Real Michigan Christmas
Publications and related web sites
Most of these publications can be ordered from MSU Extension online or call 517-353-6740.
- Growing Perennials
- Attracting Beneficial Insects with Native Flowering Plants (visit www.nativeplants.msu.edu for more information)